The Nike Maxim Hi-Vis ball introduced
across Europe’s leading leagues -- the Premier League, Serie A and
The 2012-13 Maxim Hi-Vis ball features a
color combination blended together in a unique way to create maximum
visual performance and contrast on the pitch. The bold geometric
graphic and color combination on the Maxim Hi-Vis creates a strong
'flicker' effect to improve sight of the ball under floodlights or
in low-light conditions.
The Hi-Vis ball also features NIKE RaDaR (Rapid Decision and
Response) technology to allow players to see the ball better and
capitalize on split second scoring and passing opportunities.
In addition to the Hi-Vis innovations, the Maxim features geometric
precision technology to distribute pressure evenly across the panels
for a consistent, accurate and powerful strike.
Additional performance enhancing innovations include:
- Hand-stitched casing for craftsmanship and durability;
- Durable, lightweight PU casing with micro-grooves stabilizes ball
flight to increase efficiency and accuracy;
- Flexible, supple, cross-linked nitrogen-expanded foam provides
superior “touch” and a consistent feel in all weather conditions;
- Engineered rubber response layer helps store energy from impact
and releases it at launch for enhanced power and speed;
- A layer of polyester support fabric enhances the structure and
stability of the ball for long-term performance and durability.
See Also: Latest
Soccer Ball Developments
Teamgeist II Goal
the World Cup Official Soccer Balls
Other Soccer Ball History Information on Soccer Ball World