The nominations, schedules, and everything else you need to know about the 2019 FIFA Best Awards.
The FIFA Football Best of the Year Awards return in 2023 with a slightly altered structure.
The biggest icons from several eras will be at the seventh annual celebration honoring the most deserving players and coaches. While the women’s award considers games from August 1, 2022, to August 20, 2023, the men’s award goes from December 19, 2022, to August 20, 2023. The nomination list is helpful for everyone eager to bet on GGBet on soccer players in the upcoming matches!
When Do The Best FIFA Football Awards 2023 Take Place?
The Best FIFA Football Awards 2023 have yet to be given a set date.
The Best Awards voting ends on October 6, and the Puskas Award voting ends on October 10. The ceremony will undoubtedly take place after these times.
The Best Men’s Player nominees
- Julian Alvarez (Club– Manchester City), (National Team– Argentina)
- Marcelo Brozovic (Club– Inter, Al-Nassr), (National Team– Croatia)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Club– Manchester City), (National Team– Belgium)
- Ilkay Gundogan (Club– Manchester City, Barcelona), (National Team– Germany)
- Erling Haaland (Club– Manchester City), (National Team– Norway)
- Rodri (Club– Manchester City), (National Team– Spain)
- Khvicha Kvaratskhelia (Club– Napoli), (National Team– Georgia)
- Kylian Mbappe (Club– PSG), (National Team– France)
- Lionel Messi (Club– PSG, Inter Miami), (National Team– Argentina)
- Victor Osimhen (Club– Napoli), (National Team– Nigeria)
- Declan Rice (Club– West Ham, Arsenal), (National Team– England)
- Bernardo Silva (Club– Manchester City), (National Team– Portugal)
The 2022 World Cup champion, nominated for the Best Men’s Player award, has competition from players like Kylian Mbappe and Erling Haaland.
Declan Rice’s achievements for West Ham and England have been recognized, but the only African nomination is Napoli star Victor Osimhen.
The first two awards—given to Cristiano Ronaldo in 2016 and 2017—have not been nominated.
The Best Women’s Player nominees
- Aitana Bonmati– (Club– Barcelona), (National Team– Spain)
- Linda Caicedo– (Club– Real Madrid), (National Team– Colombia)
- Rachel Daly- (Club– Aston Villa), (National Team– England)
- Kadidiatou Diani- (Club– PSG, Lyon), (National Team– France)
- Caitlin Foord- (Club– Arsenal), (National Team– Australia),
- Mary Fowler- (Club– Manchester City), (National Team– Australia),
- Alex Greenwood- (Club– Manchester City), (National Team– England)
- Jennifer Hermoso- (Club– Pachuca), (National Team– Spain)
- Lindsay Horan- (Club– Lyon), (National Team– USWNT)
- Amanda Ilestedt-(Club– Arsenal, PSG), (National Team– Sweden)
- Lauren James- (Club– Chelsea), (National Team– England)
- Sam Kerr- (Club– Chelsea), (National Team– Australia)
- Mapi Leon- (Club– Barcelona), (National Team– Spain)
- Hinata Miyazawa- (Club– Mynavi Sendai), (National Team– Japan)
- Salma Paralluelo- (Club– Barcelona), (National Team– Spain)
- Keira Walsh- (Club– Barcelona), (National Team– England)
Sam Kerr, Jennifer Hermoso, and Lindsay Horan are just a few of the talented candidates in this tight field. Most candidates are Spanish, Australian, and English players, although Linda Caicedo and Hinata Miyazawa have also received praise for their work.
The Best Men’s Coach nominees
|Pep Guardiola||Manchester City||Spain|
|Ange Postecoglou||Celtic, Tottenham||Australia|
Pep Guardiola, who led Manchester City to a triple last season, is in contention for his first Best Men’s Coach title. Since the award’s inception in 2017, the Catalan coach has received several nominations but has never taken home the trophy.
Guardiola will face Luciano Spalletti, who led Napoli to the Scudetto, and Simone Inzaghi, the Inter coach he defeated in the Champions League final. Ange Postecoglou, the former manager of Celtic, and Xavi, the manager of Barcelona, are other candidates.
The Best Women’s Coach nominees
Sarina Wiegman, the three-time Best Women’s Coach, is one of the candidates for the 2023 competition. However, the Dutch strategist competes with managers like Barcelona’s Jonatan Giraldez and Emma Hayes of Chelsea.
The Best Men’s Goalkeeper nominees
|Thibaut Courtois||Real Madrid||Belgium|
|Andre Onana Inter||Manchester United||Cameroon|
|Marc-Andre ter Stegen||Barcelona||Germany|
Ederson of Manchester City is the front-runner among the contenders for The Best Men’s Goalkeeper award. Still, Thibaut Courtois, Yassine Bounou, Marc-Andre ter Stegen, and Andre Onana will be tough opposition for the Brazilian.
The Best Women’s Goalkeeper nominees
|Mackenzie Arnold||West Ham||Australia|
|Sandra Panos Garcia-Villamil||Barcelona||Spain|
Mary Earps, the 2022 Best Women’s Goalkeeper, is defending her title against Ann-Katrin Berger, Mackenzie Arnold, and previous champion Christiane Endler.
FIFA Fan Award nominees
|Nominee||Nation / Team|
|Club Atletico Colon de Santa Fe fans||Argentina|
|Miguel Angel||Millonarios (Colombia)|
Voting procedures for The Best Awards
On the official FIFA website, fans may vote for the players they believe are The Best.
The voting period started on September 14 and ends on October 6.
The Puskas Award voting period will begin on September 21 and end on October 10.
How to see the FIFA Football Best Awards
The FIFA website and YouTube channel often stream the awards event live.